Selected Articles by Jen Cole
- Live Well, Well Within Your Means
- Building a Solid Financial Foundation
- It All Starts with a Budget
- Planning for the New Retirement
- Your Investment Portfolio
- Recommended Reading
- When and how to collect Social Security is a decision that can have a significant impact on your retirement incomee. Know the rules and make an informed choice.
- Long-Term Care costs are a risk that we face in our later years. The key is to make an informed choice between self-insuring and buying LTC insurance.
- Thinking about retiring? A financial plan provides the road map that can help you create the lifestyle you envision.
- Many individuals are tightening their belts these days. A Spending and Saving Plan, also known as a budget, is a useful tool when it comes to prioritizing and reducing your spending.
- It’s important to understand your investment choices and your true tolerance for risk. Even if you delegate management of your investments, you will benefit from a clear understanding of the basics.
- Financial planning often focuses on the goal of retiring. If you have already retired, you need to know how required minimum distributions apply to your retirement accounts.
- A legislated reduction in tax deductions or an increase in marginal tax rates could make now a good time to convert your traditional IRA into a Roth IRA. Another good time is when your taxable income is temporarily lower than normal. A Roth IRA conversion does not make sense for everyone but it could be a good option for you.
- The financial transition of divorce can be made smoother with financial planning before, during, and after the process. Here are some things to consider.
- We all have an estate plan, whether it's a written plan that specifically addresses our wishes, or a plan that will be dictated by our state’s probate process. The first option is much better! Please note that unmarried couples have special estate planning needs.
Be sure to speak with me or another financial professional about your particular situation in regards to the topics discussed above.